Well, I did it.
I completed Popsugar’s 2016 Reading Challenge, all 40 categories, with 24 books. It was easier than I thought it would be. It was my New Year’s Resolution, and the year’s not over.
So, I’m doing a bonus round.
Here are 17 categories, all of which were used by a book along with at least one other category. From now on, these 17 categories get their own book. 17 bonus categories with 17 books.
- A National Book Award winner
- A book set in your home state
- A book translated to English
- A romance set in the future
- A book set in Europe
- A New York Times bestseller
- A self-improvement book
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book written by a celebrity
- A book at least 100 years older than you
- A science-fiction novel
- A graphic novel
- A book with a blue cover
- A classic from the 20th century
- A book from the library
- An autobiography
- A satirical book
(24 books for the Challenge, plus 17 books for the Bonus Round. That adds up to 41 books. But there were only 40 categories to start with. What happened? Well, one of the categories was “A book and its prequel”. That took an extra book to complete.)