Movies And Transit

Last Saturday was the NorWesCon Volunteer Picnic, down in Seatac. We had planned to go, but when Phillip learned that the start time for the picnic had been pushed back to 4 o’clock in the evening, he began having second thoughts about going. It was more his group than mine, so I left the decision up to him.

Phillip had Friday off, so he used a free movie pass to see Star Trek Beyond. He sent me a text message after the show. He loved the movie so much that he wanted to see it again on Saturday with me. I agreed, so he bought us tickets to the matinée.

The show on Saturday was at the Regal 16, Downtown. We took the 47 bus, getting there early, on purpose. We hunted Pokémon. We browsed around Game Works, and ended up having lunch there.

Phillip was right. Star Trek Beyond was terrific. We saw it in 3D. (Phillip saw it in 3D on Friday, as well.) My only quibble is that buildings that high up should not have windows that breakable.

After the movie, Phillip wanted to walk up the street to the Pokéstop outside of the notorious Club Z – just to say we did. The club’s still there, but the Pokéstop is gone. (Neither one of us were surprised.) So we caught a 49 bus home.

We didn’t do much of anything for the rest of Saturday.

On Sunday, we saw Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie, at the Sundance Theater, in the University District. Phillip had turned it into a Facebook event, inviting all of our friends to join us. One person said she’d go, but she didn’t show up.

The Sundance is a theater we typically drive to. However, the University Bridge would be closed, and we knew traffic would be a mess, so we took Link light rail to University of Washington Station, and transferred to a 44 bus to the theater.

I had our schedule all worked out, but on Sunday morning, I was feeling bored and restless, so we left a little early.

We hung around 45th a while, hunting Pokémon. We went into Petco to talk to the ferrets. We hung out in the upstairs lounge at the theater.

Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie was a lot of fun. It was basically an extended version of the television show, and assumed that you are familiar with the story and the characters. If you’re a fan of the TV show, you should like the movie.

We saw a 44 go by as we exited the theater. OneBusAway told us we had a 19-minute wait for the next one. So, we walked down the street to the next bus stop, where we had a 3-minute wait for a 49.

We rode the 49 on its convoluted reroute over the Interstate 5 bridge, back to Broadway.

Phillip took a nap around 6:00, asking me to wake him up at eight. Around 6:30, I was falling asleep, so I took a nap as well. I woke up around 8:30 or 9, and remembered that we’d both left our phones charging.

I got up. Both phone batteries were at 100%, so I unplugged them and went back to bed.

I woke up around 11:30 last night. I considered getting up, but decided against it.

I slept for eleven hours, waking up occasionally, last night.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s